Jeffrey B. Johnson, M.D.
We screen for and diagnose diseases of the female reproductive system and provide the medical and surgical management of these conditions throughout all the stages of a woman’s life. Some procedures can be done in the office.
Wellness is a priority. We recommend a regular Pap Smear with a comprehensive pelvic and breast exam. Additional screenings (age appropriate) may be recommended such as Mammogram, Bone Density Test, Blood levels for Thyroid Function, Screening for High Cholesterol, Diabetes and Anemia.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) diagnosis and treatment. Prevention counseling including the Gardasil Injection can be given to prevent HPV.
Healthy weight management and exercise counseling is available.
Sexual dysfunction prevention, counseling and treatment is offered for conditions such as loss of libido, painful intercourse or problems which may be interfering with intimacy in your sexual relationship.
PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) diagnosis, treatment and prevention is available
Menstrual Disorders (including prolonged and/or irregular bleeding, heavy bleeding, intramenstrual spotting, and /or absent menses) diagnosed and treated.
Menopause /Perimenopause Evaluation and Treatment :
We offer care for those symptoms you may be experiencing that impact the quality of life. These symptoms may include anxiety, depression, moodiness, hot flashes, fatigue, weight gain, loss of libido, sexual dysfunction. We can provide you with the information to make a decision as to the many treatment options available. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may be an option . Bio-identical hormone replacement can be discussed and prescribed.
Vaginitis diagnosis and treatment
Endometriosis (a common cause of infertility, pelvic pain or vaginal bleeding) is easily prevented with many treatment options available
Pelvic Floor/ Pelvic Reconstruction Surgeries:
These are all performed vaginally and include:
- Urethrocele Repair
- Repair of Uterine Prolapse
- Cystocele Repair options with medical (pessary measurement and insertion) or surgical repair via minimally invasive procedure available.
- Rectocele (difficulty evacuating bowels) advice and treatment options offered including surgical repair.
- Any and all vaginal or external genitalia problems requiring surgery are performed.
- Pelvic Floor/ Pelvic Reconstruction Surgeries are performed vaginally.
A hysterectomy may be performed for a variety of reasons. Vaginal Hysterectomy, Abdominal Hysterectomy, Laparoscopically Assisted Hysterectomy are all performed. The surgical approach is determined by the condition to be treated.
ADOLESCENT and TEEN GYNECOLOGICAL CARE
Sensitive and confidential care is provided. Counseling and treatment services may include when appropriate:
- Sexual Developmental and Health Issues
- Hygiene, Weight Management and Exercise Counseling
- Menstrual Issues
- Initial Gynecological exam, Pap smear when appropriate
- Self Breast Exam Procedure explained
- STD Prevention (Gardasil HPV vaccine to prevent cervical cancer)
- Birth Control Counseling and Options